RustEdit Creator Map

Abracadaver

1.1.1 splash.jpg

ATTENTION!!!
The RustEdit Creator Map is outdated.
There is no HDRP Version due to massive performance problems for most systems, that can not handle the amount of prefabs and effects.
As an alternative, use the "Rust Maker Prefab Kit" from LoneDesign, which you can download from https://lone.design/product/rust-map-maker-toolkit/.

Current version: 1.1.1
DOWNLOAD

This toolmap includes 99% of all working prefabs, objects and effects to increase your workflow while creating stuff in RustEdit. (State: Rust Patch September 04. 2020)

The creator map was created to help all you RustEdit creators out there to increase your workflow and don´t let you stuck in the creation process because you search for hours for the right prefab or object to use. Sometimes it´s easier to see something to get an idea what is possible with it. Just copy/paste or drag and drop the stuff you need to the building areas at the lower edge of the map.

I tried to locate every working object and testet every single of it.

For proper use make sure, you have unlocked all prefabs in RustEdit´s config.json.
Open the file "config.json" in your RustEdit root folder with a texteditor and navigate to the following entry:
Code:
"Prefab List - Show all prefabs (WARNING: Some prefabs may not work or break the editor/your map)": false,
Change "false" to "true" to unlock all prefabs and save the config file.

I split everything up to different areas like building parts, deployables, effects, nature, rocks, aso, so you can easily find what you need.
You have the possibility to run the map on your server to see how the different objects acting ingame. Useful to check how effects will look, or to see which objects are working in which way.

To run it, you have to deactivate the ocean paths, because there is no ocean around the map.
To do so, add the following commands to your server.cfg or server batch file:

Code:
+cargoship.event_enabled false
+baseboat.generate_paths false
+ai.ocean_patrol_path_iterations 0

Some effects or objects may cause navmesh errors or null.exception errors while starting your server, but they will work and the server will start. But that affects maybe just 0.1% of all objects.

It makes sense to have oxide and the Oxide.Ext.RustEdit.dll installed, because some things like the NPC spawners, IO elements and stuff are just working properly with this extension.
You find the Oxide.Ext.RustEdit.dll here: https://github.com/k1lly0u/Oxide.Ext.RustEdit

Please note that Rust and RustEdit are always work in progress. Patches and updates can change things. There will be new stuff, old stuff could be removed.
I try to keep the Creator Map up to date dependent on the latest patches.

Demonstration video of first beta version:

Last edited:

Abracadaver

At the moment I am working on a complete new Creator Map with the version number 2.0.0
To be honest, I completely forgot, to upload the lastest versions to the RustEdit webpage. Sorry about that.
You can find the latest upload at codefling and in the RustEdit discords.
I will upload version 2.0.0 after release here, too.

Abracadaver

RustEdit Creator Map 2.0.0
Ready for November update

A complete new Creator Map with some innovations.
All prefabs are now categorized for easy access to them.
The category font was changed with a custom font with infinite render distance, so you can hover the map and directly see what is where.
Additionally I added a light showroom for take a look at the differen light effects, IO example circuits and NPC-spawner "cages".
As little helper I placed an information sign for each category, that gives information if prefabs in the respective category are rescaleable or not.
Missing prefabs were placed and I added the new stuff for the upcoming November update.

The Creator Map will update automatically, if the latest staging branch goes public.

See the patchnotes for further information.

Same rules as for version 1.0.0!
Unlock all prefabs in the config.json file.
To run the map on your server, deactivate all ocean paths.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gl15if890y70pz/RustEdit Creator Map 2.0.0.zip?dl=1

Teaser Video:

Vikingo Garage

the autolight dont work any more, i make a new one with the previus model

Attachments

• autolight Vikingo Garage.prefab
    966 bytes · Views: 2